Maple Leaf Forestry has extensive experience in providing transmission line development and vegetation maintenance activities for some of BC’s major power producers.
Our expertise includes:
- Developing clearing plans for new transmission line easements
- On-the-ground layout of clearing areas and road design with attention to special ecosystem features, wildlife features, and safety hazards
- Danger tree assessments, transmission line hazard tree assessments including forest health concerns, and vegetation management prescriptions
- Assessing timber volumes, species inventories, and timber valuations
- Assessing terrain stability, hydrological impacts, fish habitat and streams, fire hazards and sediment erosion control measures
- Bridge and road layout and engineering
- Preparing cost estimates, clearing specifications, permit applications, and contract document preparation and tender.
- Conducting surveys including waste and residue and bird nesting surveys
- Supervising clearing and access operations
- Environmental monitoring